Find answers to your most important questions


Do I have to refuel the Mobiltiy vehicle?

Mobility vehicles should be returned with the fuel tank at least one third full at the end of a reservation. Refuelling is free – the fuel card is located in a holder in the glove compartment.

Remove the card from the holder with ignition off – to do that, push the button on the backside of the holder. The PIN code appears on the display. After refuelling, please insert the card back into the holder.

Alternatively, you can also find the PIN code in the app on the overview of the corresponding reservation.

The fuel card can only be used in Switzerland, and only at filling stations whose logo it bears.

If you pay for the fuel yourself, you can send us the fuel receipt, stating your Mobility number and reservation number by e-mail to office(at) We will credit the expenses to your Mobility customer account.

→ Business customers have to send us the original receipt by mail together with the form: repayment for fuel (PDF)

Rates and charges

I have collected a fine. What happens now?

In Switzerland, the police of the canton in which the traffic contravention took place, contacts Mobility to obtain the details of the driver. We pass those details on to the police. For this there will be an administrative charge of CHF 30. You will receive the fine from the police directly.

What do the rates include?

Our time rates and kilometre rates include everything: fuel, servicing, repairs, insurance, administration, Swiss motorway toll sticker, tyre changes, parking space rental and VAT. The rates for business customers are shown without VAT.

How are the costs for Mobility reservations calculated?

The costs are based on the kilometre and/or time rates for that particular vehicle category. On long journeys our day packages will automatically take effect.

What are the Mobility fees?

See our PDF for a summary of all the additional benefits and charges:

Fair play and fees

Insurance and liability reduction

What is my insurance cover as a Mobility customer?

As a Mobility customer you are fully covered by third party, comprehensive and passenger insurance in the event of a loss event.

Can the Liability Reduction cover persons in a partnership or residing in the same household?

No, each Mobility customer must obtain his or her own Liability Reduction. Such cover is issued on a per-Mobility number basis.

How much is the policy deductible/excess per loss event?

Without this Liability Reduction, your deductible in the event of a claim could be up to CHF 5’000, depending on your age and driving experience (plus handling fees up to a maximum of CHF 100 per claim). The optional Liability Reduction reduces your maximum deductible, thus saving you from any unpleasant surprises in the event of a claim.

Calculate here

I’ve cancelled my subscription as of the end of the month, but my Liability Reduction is still running. Do I get any money back?

Once you’ve bought Liability Reduction, it cannot be refunded. If you obtain Liability Reduction for one year, that’s how long it applies.


Can a Mobility customer open or drive a vehicle that has been reserved by another customer?

In general, it is permitted to take turns driving at any time, provided the reservation holder is in the vehicle and the driver is also a Mobility customer.

However, a rental start group is only reserved for those customers who belong to the same tariff group and live at the same address. This means that you can use reservations for each other without the reservation holder travelling with you. As a mobilityMEMBER and mobilityCO-MEMBER, you are automatically part of a group and may initiate reservations reciprocally.

Under no circumstances may a person who is not a Mobility customer drive a Mobility vehicle. You can register for membership on our website.

Are there minimum or maximum periods of use for Mobility vehicles?

The shortest period is one hour, commencing or ending either on the hour or the half-hour. The maximum period is usually 16 days or, at Mobility stations with only one vehicle, three days.

Customers needing a car for a longer period can benefit from special rates offered by Mobility’s car rental partner Hertz.

Can I return my vehicle to a different Mobility station?

Mobility vehicles must be returned to their original location.

How can I reserve a particular vehicle model?

You can reserve vehicle categories, but not specific models. Exception: Mobility-Return. There you can reserve a specific model of car in the Emotion category. The vehicles in the Emotion category can be booked from the age of 25. This category is not available for under 25 years old persons and learner drivers. 

Certain vehicles have electronic handbrakes that can be overridden by pressing the accelerator pedal again. These are not legally permitted for use by learner drivers. For this reason we provide the option of applying the search filter “suitable for learner drivers” when you are looking for a vehicle for your reservation.

Before driving off

Before starting my reservation I discovered damage to the vehicle. What should I do?

You are required to report any damage to cars to the 24h Service Center on 0848 824 812 without delay.

How do I open a Mobility vehicle?

Open the vehicle via Bluetooth using the Mobility app, the Mobility Card or your SwissPass in card form.

What shoult I do if the vehicle is dirty?

Since we cannot clean the vehicles in the car sharing system after every reservation for logistical reasons, we are dependent on the assistance of our customers. Any soiling you have caused yourself must therefore be removed at your own expense.

Dirt that emerges during normal use of our vehicles can, however, occur. We therefore clean our vehicles regularly.

Please report heavy soiling by telephone 24h Service Center 0848 824 812, so that we can react immediately. In a serious case we can also search for an alternative for you.

What happens if my reserved vehicle is not at the Mobility station?

Please call our 24h Service Center on 0848 824 812. We will then help to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

During the journey

What should I do if I am involved in an accident?

A detailed check list and other documentation may be found in every Mobility vehicle in the in-car document wallet located in the glove box.

In general:

  • Keep calm
  • Secure the scene of the accident (switch on your hazard lights, set up your warning triangle)
  • Remove any injured persons from the danger zone and provide first aid (there is an on-board first-aid kit in the vehicle)
  • Call the police: dial 117

Can I interrupt my journey and resume it later?

Yes. Lock the vehicle via Bluetooth using the Mobility app, the Mobility Card/SwissPass in card form and leave the ignition key (if existing) in the car.

Is smoking allowed in Mobility vehicles?

Smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes, is prohibited in the vehicles.

Can my pet accompany me on my Mobility journey?

Your pets can also accompany you on your Mobility journeys. Your pets must be kept in 'pet-friendly' cages or placed on a blanket that you must supply. Soiling (e.g. animal hair) must be removed at your own expense and during your reservation period, and the vehicle must be ventilated before being returned.

Can I park my own car in the Mobility bay during my reservation?

You are permitted to park your own vehicle in the Mobility bay during your reservation, provided the bay is not in a multi-storey car park. To avoid being issued with a parking fine, please place a copy of the reservation confirmation behind the windscreen of your vehicle.

When entering a multi-storey car park in your private vehicle, you should collect a ticket as usual and park in a regular bay. You must not use the Mobility vehicle’s season parking ticket to enter and exit the car park in your own vehicle.

Important: There are also stations which are exempt from this and where private vehicles may not be parked. You will find the necessary information on the reservation confirmation or in the station information.

End of the trip

Can I return the vehicle early?

Of course. If you are back at least 30 minutes before your reservation is scheduled to end, you can end the reservation immediately using the "Terminate" button on the app. This saves you half of the remaining hourly rate. Exception: You pay the full price for the half hour or part thereof.

I am unable to return the vehicle on time. What should I do?

Always allow enough time for your reservations and, if necessary, extend them in good time. If this is not possible, call the 24h Service Center on 0848 824 812 immediately. Please note that you will still be charged fees for a late return.


What should I bear in mind when returning the vehicle to its Mobility station?

Park the vehicle in the reserved parking space, switch off the lights and other electrical equipment and return the ignition key (where available) to the centre console. Lock the car via Bluetooth using the Mobility app, your Mobility Card or your SwissPass in card form and wait for the on-board computer to confirm your deregistration. Check that the doors and boot are locked and windows shut.

Always connect the electric vehicle to the charging station after returning it and make sure that the charging process starts.

Do I have to refuel the Mobility vehicle?

If the fuel level is under 1/3, refuel the vehicle before returning it.

Always connect the electric vehicle to the charging station after returning it and make sure that the charging process starts.


What payment options are available and how can I change my method of payment?

You have the following payment options:

  • Monthly QR-bill
  • Credit card (billing and direct debiting of the journey and other outstanding services within 48 hours of the end of the journey) 
  • Direct debit (bank or post account is automatically debited)
  • Vouchers / Reka
  • Twint 
  • E-Bill

You can change the payment method on the customer portal – click on your name at the top right > Profile > Payment settings > Change payment method.

Can I continue to pay monthly with my credit card?

Monthly automatic credit card debits aren’t possible. Journeys and other outstanding services will be charged to the credit card within a maximum of 48 hours of completion of the journey. For monthly billing, you can choose to pay on receipt of invoice. QR invoices can be settled by credit card using the app or via the customer portal.

Where can I find my invoices and credit balance?

You can view your current credit and all invoices in the customer portal under Customer account. Mobility users are issued invoices on a monthly basis. You can check your unbilled journeys at any time in the app or the customer portal.

How and where can I settle an unpaid invoice by credit card or twint?

You can settle Mobility invoices by credit card or twint on the customer portal under Customer account > Outstanding invoices > Invoice number. As soon as the debit could be processed successfully, the invoice will be settled.

How can I activate E-Bill as a payment method?

E-Bill can be set up in the logged-in area of your e-banking. You will find us under "Mobility Genossenschaft". After successful activation, invoices will be sent to your e-banking exclusively via e-bill and must be approved there. You will not receive a copy of the invoice by e-mail. You can view the invoices, trip details and credit overview at any time in the customer portal or the app under customer account. There you will also find a QR payment slip. Please note that these documents are not transmitted to e-banking.

If you reject an e-bill in e-banking by mistake, you can find it at any time in the customer portal or in the app > customer account with QR payment slip.


How do I operate the electric vehicles?

Is it allowed to install child safety seats in Mobility vehicles?

Mobility does not offer permanently installed child seats in its vehicles. We are unable to offer permanently installed child seats for children up to the age of four for reasons of liability (Mobility would be responsible for their installation and good working order) and for practical reasons (most families with small children already have a child seat of their own). Mobility recommends that customers provide their own child seats or booster seats.

One practical solution is the "Trunki BoostAPak", an all-in-one booster seat and backpack with a wealth of safety and practical benefits. Order now!

How many child safety seats can be installed in Mobility vehicles?
With the exception of the Micro and Transporter categories, every model of Mobility vehicle provides ISOFIX attachement points for up to two child safety seats on the outer rear seats. The Ford S-Max (Minivan) can accomodate up to three child safety seats on the second row of seats and two further child safety seats on the third row, all with ISOFIX attachement points. The fitting of child safety seats to Micro and Transporter category vehicles is not permitted, as the corresponding airbags cannot be individually deactivated.

Do you have vehicles with trailer couplings?

No. There are no such vehicles in the Mobility fleet.  As an alternative, our transporter may be an option.

Do you have vehicles with roof racks?

Mobility vehicles do not come with roof racks. Customers are responsible for supplying the correct roof rack, installing it correctly and removing it when returning the vehicle. In the event of damage, Mobility will check if this is related to the use of a roof rack, for example due to overloading.

Mobility reserves the right to invoice customers for all of the damage if a link is established.

Are Mobility vehicles equipped for the winter?

Our vehicles are equipped with all-season tyres approved for winter as standard.

Our service employees do their best to remove snow and ice from the snow-covered vehicles. However, we cannot guarantee this during heavy snowfall. Therefore, you must allow enough time before making a reservation to clear the vehicle of snow and ice. Please note that shovels are not part of the basic equipment of the vehicle and must be brought along yourself. However, our vehicles are equipped with ice scrapers and snow brooms.

Are the vehicles equipped with snow chains?

No, our cars are equipped with all-season tyres approved for winter as standard. If it snows so heavily that snow chains become necessary, our customers have to get them themselves.

Lost items

What should I do if I lose my Mobility Card?

Please report the loss of your Mobility Card by calling the 24h Service Center on 0848 824 812, so that the card can be blocked with immediate effect. You will then receive a new Mobility Card. The charge of CHF 30 for replacing the card will appear on your next invoice (applies only to cards issued within the last three years). Your login details remain unchanged.

I have forgotten or lost an item in the vehicle, what to do?

You can reserve the vehicle and collect the item yourself as quickly as possible. We will find the item for you: On the customer portal, select the relevant reservation in the «Reservations» section and click on «Give feedback». You can then click on «Search request» and enter what you have lost.

We will search the item and if we find it, send it to you. The shipping costs will be invoiced to you. The search request costs CHF 100 regardless of whether the item is found or not. Please note that we only check the vehicle used and do not ask any other customers about the lost item.

I have found an item in the vehicle, what to do?

Please leave items in the glove compartment – bigger items in the trunk of the vehicle, our staff will take care of the rest. You do not have to contact us. If you have taken the item with you, we ask you to return it to the vehicle.

In case that the item found is valuable, please call our 24 Service Center on 0848 824 812 for further assistance.

My offer

Is it made worth my while recomment Mobility to others?

As an existing customer, I have found a potential new customer for Mobility. Is there anything in it for me? Yes! You receive drive credit to the value of CHF 20. Detailed information can be found here.

Where do I find my Mobility number?

Your Mobility number is the number on your red Mobility Card (to the left of your name). If you do not have a personalised Mobility Card or SwissPass, you will find your Mobility number on the sticker you received when you registered.

How do I change my password (PIN code)?

Click on your name at the top right of the customer portal > Profile > Change password.

How do I activate the SwissPass as a vehicle key?

You have a SwissPass and want to use it as a vehicle key? Simply activate your personal SwissPass on the Mobility customer portal under Profile > Access cards > SwissPass.

Is there a reduction for persons living in the same household?

Yes. Persons living in the same household as a mobilityMEMBER can benefit from reductions by becoming mobilityCO-MEMBERS. Becoming a co-member in a shared or family household is a great way of accessing Mobility's services, since all you pay is a one-off admission fee of CHF 250. The cooperative subscription element of the fee, CHF 100, is returned to you if you decide to leave the cooperative.

Cooperative households are able to form additional «groups». Members of these groups have reciprocal, flexible access to reservations. Reservations are charged to the customer making the reservation.

How do I cancel my subscription?

Business Customers:
For business customers, see "How do I cancel my Business subscription?" in the "Business customers" section.

Private Customers:
Cancellations of Mobility subscriptions must be notified in the customer portal. The cancellation also automatically affects the current liability reduction if this was concluded at the same time as the subscription. Please note the respective notice periods, of which you will be informed by e-mail via the renewal letter. If the cancellation period has expired, a cancellation can only be made at the end of the next term.

You can also find the cancellation periods here:


Cancellation period

mobilityTEST7 days before end of contract
mobilityPLUSMinimum term of 12 months
afterwards monthly cancellation to the end of the following month.
mobilityEASY and mobilityYOUNGAnytime, no cancellation period
mobilityMEMBER and mobilityCO-MEMBER6 months' notice as of 30 June or 31 December
mobilityLEARN7 days before end of contract
Liability reduction, if not concluded at the same time as the subscription7 days before end of contract


Can other people also use my subscription?

No, our subscriptions are personal and non-transferable. Other people may only drive the vehicle if they have an active Mobility account and the reservation holder is in the vehicle.
Exception: transferable business subscriptions for business customers

Can I benefit from mobilityTEST more than once?

mobilityTEST, as the name suggests, allows you to give Mobility a try. Unless you decide otherwise, after three months the subscription automatically converts to mobilityPLUS. The mobilityPLUS monthly subscription can be cancelled on a month-by-month basis after the minimum term of one year; as such, it offers greater flexibility than mobilityTEST.

Business customers

What conditions have to be met to obtain Mobility Business car sharing?

To register as a Business car sharing customer, your company has to be entered in the commercial register or registered for VAT with the federal tax authorities. This does not apply to public-sector bodies.

Can our employees use Mobility privately on Business car sharing terms?

No, these terms apply to business use only.

What is the difference between a personal Mobility subscription and a transferable Mobility subscription?

The personal Mobility subscription is issued in the name of an employee and is non-transferable. The transferable Mobility subscription is issued in the company's name and can be used by all employees who hold a driving licence valid in Switzerland.

How do I cancel my Business subscription?

Notice of termination must be given in writing by e-mail or post. The cancellation automatically also affects the current liability reduction, if this has been concluded.

You can find the cancellation periods here:
Business trial subscription
The Business trial subscription does not need to be cancelled. The subscription ends automatically after four months.
Business subscription
After the minimum term of 12 months, the Business subscription can always be cancelled at the end of the month. The cancellation must be received by Mobility no later than four weeks before the end of the month. As the subscription fees are charged retroactively, the last invoice will be sent after the cancellation period has expired.
Business Light
The Business-Light offer can be cancelled at any time at the end of the month. Cancellation must be received by Mobility no later than four weeks before the end of the month.

GTC & Agreement for Business customers

How do I cancel my Liability Reduction?

If a business subscription is cancelled, the associated Liability Reduction also ends automatically.
If the subscription is to remain in force and only the Liability Reduction is to be cancelled, this can be terminated at any time at the end of the month. The cancellation must be received by Mobility in writing, by e-mail or post, no later than four weeks before the end of the month. As the monthly fee is charged retroactively, the last invoice will be issued after the expiry of the cancellation period

Learner drivers

May I only use mobilityLEARN with my learner driving licence?

The learner driving licence is a valid driving licence and entitles the holder to use all subscriptions (except for a transferable company subscription). mobilityLEARN is specifically geared to the needs of learner drivers. It is cost efficient, valid for 12 months, with integrated Liability reduction S (to reduce of the deductible to CHF 1'000, plus a processing fee). 

Why must the person accompanying a learner driver also be a Mobility customer?

The accompanying person must be able to take over the wheel at any time. For legal reasons, non-Mobility customers may not drive Mobility vehicles. Accompanying persons must also meet the statutory requirements of the Road Traffic Act.

Persons accompanying a learner driver on learner trips must use a Mobility subscription (except for a transferable company subscription). The important thing is to notify us withthe «Confirmation by persons accompanying a learner driver» form.

How can I register additional accompanying persons at a later date?

Accompanying persons can register for a suitable Mobility offer at any time via the website. If you wish to register additional accompanying persons at a later date, please send us the form «Confirmation by persons accompanying a learner driver» again, signed by you and the new accompanying person(s).

May I do the WAB courses with my Mobility subscription?

Yes, it is possible to do the legally compulsory WAB courses with a Mobility vehicle.

Is there a blue «L» in the vehicle?

No, you have to bring your own.

Are there Mobility vehicles that are not allowed for learner trips?

Certain vehicles have electronic handbrakes that can be overridden by pressing the accelerator pedal again. These are not legally permitted for use by learner drivers. For this reason we provide the option of applying the search filter “suitable for learner drivers” when you are looking for a vehicle for your reservation.

May I use a Mobility vehicle to do the test for my driving licence?

No, that is not possible. Mobility vehicles are neither approved for driving tests nor for test drives (transcription of the foreign driving licence).


Can customers take Mobility vehicles abroad?

Trips abroad are permitted in the following countries, for which the insurance concluded by Mobility applies:

Switzerland and Liechtenstein, as well as in Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, Northern Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. 

If the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs advises against travel to a country to which Mobility permits international travel, travel to that country is not permitted.
In the event of non-compliance, the customer shall be liable for damages.

The customer must take care of traffic and other rules applicable in the respective country himself/herself (including those relating to prescribed vehicle equipment and other items of equipment).

Foreign fees such as environmental badges, tolls, road tolls and motorway toll stickers must be paid by the customer and cannot be claimed from Mobility.

Customers residing outside Switzerland booking a car may only drive it within Switzerland. It is the customer's duty to obtain information from the relevant customs office regarding the applicable legal provisions in relation to the individual situation.

Can I also use Mobility to hire car rental vehicles abroad?

Yes. The process is quick and convenient using the Mobility customer portal.

Can I become a Mobility customer even if I do not live in Switzerland?

Yes, you can become a Mobility customer even if you are resident abroad. Registering with Mobility requires a valid email address and a credit card.

Your browser version is no longer supported

Update your browser or use an alternative. We recommend using Google Chrome, Safari, Edge or Firefox.